BodyParts3D Release Note (Release 4.0, 2013/5/16)
What is new in 4.0
- Skeletal system has altered to accommodate big internal organs in the torso.
- Many of the existing parts have been shifted accordingly.
- Conventional tree is no longer avilable.
- COMPOUND data based on FMA (Foundational Model of Anatomy by University of Washington School of Medicine) is_a and part_of tree are continuously available.
- Segmented Lung and liver with vessels were added. They may include some confusion in concept mapping yet.
- Brain artery is added.
- Arteries and veins for systemic circulation was added.
- Internal Eye ball structure and appendages were added.
- Pharynx and Larynx parts were added.
- Up to 3.0 each polygon file has file name representing its concept.
- To avoid confusion of Concept, file name, and their relation, file name was changed to unique ID ex.FJxxxx.
- The relationship with polygon file and its represented concept was given as a table.
Attentions in use
The data may still contain many ERRORS to be used as CANONICAL MODEL with all the COMMON FEATURE of human body.
|V2.0||FMA concepts||ELEMENTAL representation||COMPOUND representation
|in both tree||30068||406||0
|all unique FMA||80457||845||969
|V3.0||FMA concepts||ELEMENTAL representation||COMPOUND representation
|in both tree||30068||433||0
|all unique FMA||80457||915||1053
|V4.0||FMA concepts||ELEMENTAL representation||COMPOUND representation
|in both tree||30068||764||3
|all unique FMA||80457||1652||1854
Coordinate system of BodyParts3D
- Release 4.0: 2013/5/16
- Release 3.0: 2011/6/20
- Release 2.0: 2010/4/28
- Release 1.0: 2009/2/9
1. Nieuwenhuys R, Voogd J, Huijzen, CV: The Human Central Nervous System 4th edition: Springer; 2008.
2. Mai JK, Paxinos G, Voss T: Atlas of the Human Brain, Third Edition: Academic Press; 2007.
3. Standring S: Gray's Anatomy: The Anatomical Basis of Clinical Practice, Expert Consult 40th edition: Churchill Livingstone; 2008.
4. Schunke M, Schulte E, Schumacher, Udo: Prometheus Kopf, Hals und Neuroanatomie: Thieme; 2009.
5. SPL-PNL Brain Atlas 2008 March, http://www.spl.harvard.edu/publications/item/view/1265
6. Talairach Label Data, http://www.talairach.org/
7. Rosse C, Mejino JLV: A reference ontology for biomedical informatics: the Foundational Model of Anatomy. Journal of Biomedical Informatics 2003, 36(6):478-500.
8. Foundational Model of Anatomy (subset), http://www.obofoundry.org/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?id=fma_lite
9. Latest Anatomical Terms, http://web.sc.itc.keio.ac.jp/anatomy/TA/TA-contents.html
10. The Japanese Association of Anatomists: Terminologia Anatomica Japonica, 13th Edition: Igaku-shoin; 2007.